Saturday, September 10, 2011

Mama Called the Doctor, and the Doctor Said...

No more pre-diabetes jumping on the bed!

:)

I'm so happy! We're still a bit baffled as to why I'm still tired and not losing weight, but, my blood tests results were in the normal range for EVERYTHING. Thyroid, cholesterol, a bunch of other stuff I can't remember, and glucose! The glucose one is super exciting because I was pre-diabetic before I got pregnant (with really high sugars), then I had gestational diabetes. My results came back for the a1c and regular fasting test and I was holding my breath as he pulled the report out. 80! EIGHTY! Woohooo!!!!! I am so happy. In other words, even though I haven't lost any weight, I have reversed my pre-diabetes. This is so exciting!

We talked about my weight and he said that I only need to lose 10 more lbs and he doesn't want to see me lose any more than that. I was floored. I thought for sure I needed to lose another 40 or so. So, it just goes to show, quick Internet searches for your ideal weight are no substitute for your doctor's advice :p He said I look very healthy already, so yay!

What an encouraging appointment!

It was followed by a terrible run :p But I had a great run last night! 2.30 mi in 3/5/3/5 min run intervals with 90 sec and 2.5 min walks in between. (w4d3 for any c25k'ers). This coming Friday is my first 20 min run without walk breaks. Eeeee!

Oh and I'm at a little over 15 miles for my 30 in 30 goal, so I'm more than halfway a little early!


No comments:

Post a Comment